In order to stretch myself a bit, and for those times when I just feel blocked-I’ve put together a “thought box” to keep myself inspired. I’ve filled it with slips of writing prompts and once a week I’ll choose one at random. I’m putting up this list in case you want to play along, or if you just need some inspiration!
1. Letter to future self
2. Letter to past self
3. What scares you?
4. What worries you?
5. Favorite place you have visited?
6. What is your happy place?
7. Who is a person you admire?
8. What is your most prized possession?
10. Describe your dream job.
11. Who was your first crush?
12. Describe your first kiss.
13. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
14. Describe your first job
15. What is one thing you can’t live without?
16. The Biggest Lie you ever told
17. What Time Era would you like to live in?
18. What makes you angry?
19. How easy is it for you to forgive?
20. What are your pet peeves?
21. What are your daily rituals?
22. What is your writing ritual?
23. Favorite memory of your father.
24. Favorite memory of your mother.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone alive, who would it be?
26. If you could have dinner with anyone dead, who would it be?
27. What things would you do if no one was watching?
28. What was your favorite class?
29. What was a time you were embarrassed as a child?
30. What was your favorite childhood book?
31. Did you ever run away from home?
32. Who made you feel good this week?
33. What was your biggest mistake this week?
34. What did you learn this week?
35. What is your dominant emotion right now?
36. What did you most enjoy this week?
37. What did you do to work towards goals this week?
38. If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?
39. Describe your dream house.
40.Describe things you want to own.
41. What physical part of your body do you love?
42. What physical part of your body would you want to change?
43. Describe something about yourself that you’ve learned to accept.
44. Write a fan letter to favorite actor/actress
45. Write a letter to someone who believed in you.
46. What was your worst job?
47. Who did you idolize growing up?
48. Describe something you’re good at doing.
49. Do you believe in ghosts?
50. Describe a time when you were scared.
51. Describe your first apartment
52. Describe when you left for college
53. What would you try if you knew you couldn’t fail?
54. What would you do if money were no object?
55. What would your perfect day be like?
56. What would your 3 wishes be?
57. What is a dream you gave up on?
58. Describe an adventure you would love to go on.
59. Describe something you’d like to be an expert in.
60. Describe a goal that you achieved.
61. What animal would you like to be?
62. What’s your favorite idiom or cliche?
63. How do rainy days make you feel?
64. What is your theme song or soundtrack?
65. What historical events happened the day/year you were born?
66. Do you match your horoscope?
67. What is your favorite time of day?
68. What stresses you out?
69. 20 years from now…
70. What’s your favorite four letter word?
71. 10 Best things about me
72. 10 Lessons I have learned in life
73. 10 Favorite Quotes
74. 10 favorite Books
75. 10 favorite movies
76. 5 Favorite websites
77. 5 Favorite items of clothing
78. 5 Favorite TV Shows
79. 5 Favorite foods
80. 5 Favorite Desserts
81. 5 Favorite Characters
82. 5 Favorite Childhood Pastimes
83. 5 Favorite Apps
84. 5 Favorite Games
85. 5 Favorite Songs
86. What is something you learned from your grandparents?
87. How do I self Soothe?
88. What is a piece of art that you love?
89. What is a useless thing that you hang on to?
90. If I had ____ in my life, I would be happy.
91. Thank you letter to someone
92.What’s the last thing you apologized for?
93. What is the last new thing you tried?
94. What made you smile today?
95. What is the hardest thing your dealing with?
96. Today I wish I had more___
97. What’s on your grocery list?
98. What makes a house a home?
99. List 3 things you need to buy.
100. How do you feel about your name?
101. Most embarrassing moment.
102. What Traits did you get from parents?
103. Something most people don’t know about me
104. What is your prison meal?
105.What do you do when you’re bored?
106. If I had a tardis…
107. Write “a day in the life” of you
108. What things have/do you collect?
109. What places do you remember fondly from childhood?
110. What are your best sleepover memories?
111. What is your role in your family?
112. What kind of friend are you?
113. What does love mean to you?
114. What events have brought you closer to your family?
115. What were you punished for as a child?
116. Childhood pets
117. Your Hometown
118. What Motivates You?
119. How Competitive are you?
120. Are you a Tosser or a Saver?
121. Do you like being alone?
122. What are your superstitions?
123. How did you learn about sex?
124. Do you consider yourself a feminist?
125. What did you use to hate but like now?