But I’m kind of a big deal…
Yes, yes, yes… Light the fire works, sound the victory bells, pour the champagne…
Wait! I’ll just drink from the bottle, thanks!
Because it is a truly momentous occasion.
Not only did I actually go to through the entire day without breaking anything, with the exception of a picture frame in my car and 2 coat hangers….
It’s true!!! I got my first blog award from Candice over at That’s Tangly. Which means a ton to me considering her blog is one of my absolute favorites and she is hilarious to boot…but it means even more to me now that I know she likes me back!! Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!!
But seriously, if you haven’t stopped by That’s Tangly, you need to, right now. She hails from the mysterious island (or mysterious to me because I have never been anywhere and know nothing about geography) of New Foundland, an aspiring travel writer, whose posts are often funny, often beautiful, and always entertaining.
My first duty is to hand out this award to 3 other bloggers who I find Kreativ and such. Feel free to pass it over- I know some of you have been blogging forever and probably have thousands of awards tucked away in your closets, but I am just getting started and really admire what you guys do! I know I only recently started following you, but I have no idea how I went this long without reading about your lives! And don’t think me a stalker, but I’ve gone back and read lots of your archives, so I feel like I’m really starting to know you. And now that I’ve got my creepy mccreeperson moment out of the way….
Without further ado:
Belle & Nel – These girls both write hilarious yet extremely honest posts. I am constantly looking forward to reading their posts, and I am constantly checking their site. I love how they play off each other, and they make me want to start a blog with my best friend. And also be theirs!
Blogs are for losers– Sherri is one of the pee in your panties funny/amazingly strong/makes ya think bloggers I’ve ever come across. After I read her posts I laugh my ass off, then I sit back and ponder how profound that just was. Her blog kind of makes me feel like I do when I’m watching a Scrubs episode… and trust me, that’s a good thing.
Lost in thought – I only recently came across Meg’s blog, but I can already tell I’m gonna be a long time follower. She is so sincere, very funny, and she really likes puppy dogs- which automatically makes her a winner in my book.
So check them out! Now! But wait… I’m supposed to complete duty number 2, which is to name 7 facts about myself. A couple days ago I named 100 things about myself so I’m pretty sure you don’t want to know anything else… Too bad for you! Or just go ahead and check out the blogs mentioned above!
1. When I was young, I really wanted to be an actress. I even begged my mom to take me to Hollywood. I threw a few massive fits when she said it wasn’t going to happen.
2. Free Willy was the reason I wanted to be an actress. I don’t know why, but after I saw that movie I was bound and determined.
3. I once talked to Willy Nelson for nearly an hour in a vintage shop. We tried on scarfs together and talked politics. He even rubbed his butt against mine.
4. I didn’t even know it was Willy Nelson until he left and the guy who worked there offered me a signed cd.
5. When I was in Jr. High I went through a phase where I was severely obsessed with the sixties. I wore mostly all vintage clothes, listened to the Beatles, and decorated my room with black light posters.
6. A few months ago I made out with Joshua Radin’s drummer after a show. This is actually really lame, and he probably doesn’t even remember,but I feel like it brought me closer to Josh Radin… who is one of my favorite people on the planet.
7. I have the worst sense of direction on the planet. I can’t read a map, and I can never remember how to get anywhere. I am also not very observant, and even if I’ve been to your house a hundred times, there’s a good chance I’ll ask you to come outside to help me with something. I’m really just making sure I’m at the correct house.
Alright folksters, Happy Hump day!